Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I'm not perfect, but I keep trying, because that's what I said I would do from the start.



One day your life will flash before your eyes -

make sure it's worth watching.

I'm going to audition for the bachelor - because.. well, because I can. When I lived in Chicago I tried auditioning but I was only 19 and you had to be at least 21. I meet all the requirements now however. Single and legal in every country. I'm not sure what kind of chance I'd have. Or if I'd even have a chance at all. Tons of girls from all over audition. Stunning girls with great personalities, I'm sure. I don't really think i'm typically what they seem to cast. I'm ridiculously goofy and overally undramatic - however I know I'd at least be entertaining. Who knows, maybe some casting director will be like 'nah, you're not right for the bachelor but we want you as a host on our entertainment television show. Hop on a plane and get to LA tomorrow." Like I say, you gotta have dreams, right?

I'm going to introduce you to the best part of my weekend.

I went to Calgary. I got to see my family and hang out with Brandy. I stuffed my face at Pete's drive thru, I was able to sleep in for the first time in forever and the sun shone more often then not the entire weekend. Yes, all of this was great.. but it's hard to compete with Tubby Dog in the picture.

I'd like to introduce you to Tubby Dog.

Tubby Dog is a cute, hole in the wall kinda restaurant in downtown calgary. The place gets attention from trendy scensters, cute musicians and a wide variety of drunk people that want a change from their regular after bar donair and deep dish pizza.. yet still want a snack that is filled with deep fried meaty goodness. The latter of the mentioned customers are probably the only ones brave enough to try Tubby Dogs famous hot dog that's smothered in peanut butter, jelly, and topped off with captain crunch cereal. Mmmm.

We settled for the A-Dog.

- Mustard, ketchup, mayo, bacon, ketchup chips and cheese



So if you haven't heard of Tubby Dog before, you have now - and if you haven't put it on your list of things to do before you die.. add it. Or if you happen to have a list of things to try that may kill you in the process of trying by clogging your arteries.. well, add it to that list too.

It was so good to see Brandy. We've had some of the craziest and most random nights together. This hangout was pretty low keyd in comparison but as fun as it always is. We started off at Jameson's for their 'fishbowl' drinks which were definitely not a let down since they were served in actual... fishbowls. They were delicious.



One of my guy friends who I was 'seeing' a couple years ago came to join us for drinks. I haven't seen him in about a year. When I saw him again, it kinda hit me. He's still a cool guy. He's always been a cool guy. Cute face, contagious smile.. yet there's absolutely no chemistry there between us. When I think back, I'm not sure there ever was. In fact, when I think back on a lot of the guys I've had a 'crush' on or dated, I'm not sure there was much chemistry with any of them. They could never make me laugh until my sides hurt, smile so much that laugh lines start showing and tickle me until I was on the verge of tears. I think that's what makes me miss Aaron the most. Dating him made me realize that it's possible to have all of that with someone. That you should have all of that with someone.

It's possible to talk to someone the entire day until you fall asleep and be just as excited to hear from them again when you wake up. It's possible to never run out of things to say. It's possible to never run out of reasons to smile. It's heartbreaking to lose the person that leaves that stupid perma-grin on your face all day long. I can honestly say that I now know what I want. I can say that I'll never be able to settle for less than butterflies and goofy grins.. because that's what he did to me the whole time we were dating.


Enough about that, back to how awesome me and Brandy are.




We spent the rest of our night wandering down 17th ave, popping in and out of random bars and lounges - meeting eccentric, random individuals that I will never see again in my life. We had a dance party in the roadhouse bathroom.. and then Brandy accidentally put her purse in someone's puke. Just sayin', if you're puking at the bar you a.) should learn your alcohol tolerance and b.) yeah, just learn your alcohol tolerance.

All in all it was a great night.

Minus the puke.

I have 5 billion things that I should be doing right now and instead I'm blogging. So I'm going to bed and hoping somehow everything just kinda... sorts itself out over the next 8 hours. If not, there's no problem Starbucks can't help solve.

Except maybe this one..

I sent you an email to make sure you're doing okay.
I didn't think it'd be that hard to send me one back.
Whatever, I guess..

So what, I'm still a rockstar, I got my dance moves, and I don't need you...

DANCE PARTY!



1 comment: