Monday, February 1, 2010

I have faulted, I have stumbled, I have found my feet again.



It's just my luck to get stuck to everything you are.

Ever have those days when you're a complete and utter mess

Today is that day for me. 

My foot was itchy while I was driving so I tried scratching it with my other foot - doesn't seem like it'd be that difficult to do. I was chewing gum and singing along to the radio while attempting this and honestly maybe I'm not as much of a multi-tasker as I claim to be because I ended up in pressing my scratching foot on the gas and almost rear-ending the car in front of me. Next time I'll just let it stay itchy. Or maybe I'll just spit out my gum and turn the radio down.

Do you notice how sometimes food takes on the flavor of other things? For example, sometimes you can taste a hint of say, cinnamon or lemon even though you know it doesn't have either of these ingredients in it. Today my caramel macciato from Starbucks tasted like mushroom soup.. with a hint of coffee. Strange. I like both of these things separately but I don't know how I feel about them mixed together unless it's on my own terms. 

My boss broke our microwave at work and we finally got a new one. After Sheena and myself hauled ass and got the 50 pound new microwave up the stairs not only was I able to convince myself that this was enough of a workout for the day but I was also pleasently surpirsed when I opened up the microwave door. This is what I found..




It's an egg cooker!! I love eggs but I hate waiting for the frying pan/pot to heat up so you can cook them to perfection. Let me introduce you to the egg cooker.. all you do is crack open the egg, put the liquid portion in this little contraption, zap it for 45 seconds and you've got yourself some egg to eat!! At least that's what the instructions tell me. I haven't tried yet. I never read the instructions of things.. I think figuring stuff out on your own is half the fun. However, I got a sixth sense sorta vibe thing that I should read the instructions this time. Lucky I did otherwise I would of put the entire egg in this thing.. shell and all. Thanks to the handy instruction manual I learnt that the egg would of blown up if I did this. Who would of known. Have any of you put an egg in the microwave? I'm tempted to try it out but I'm not really in the mood to have a body part blown off thanks to some steaming yolk and a death shell.

I went see Down With Webster in concert last week. If you haven't heard of their music go check it out! They're talented and their songs are catchy.. they also have ridiculous amounts of energy as soon as they hit up that main stage. I haven't been to a live show in a month or so. I hate that. I remember being 15 and spending every waking moment planning what I was going to wear to the concert that upcoming weekend, how I was going to get the band to sign my c.d, and how we were going to get to the show without having to hitchhike or take the sketchy city bus. Anyone who knows me well knows that live music = my life. I still try and make it to as many shows as possible - this is the first concert to come to town in a few weeks and I was estatic when I found out. I haven't seen Heather since summertime so we decided to reunite and go together. We got there.. oh about 4 hours early because we figured they'd be on at around 7pm instead of 11pm. It's cool though, we filled our hours with a bottomless supply of nachos and cheese and guacamolie from the bar. Chatted up the singer of the band for a little bit before the show - super sweet guy. Watched their high energy and pitch perfect performance and then headed home. This is one of the first bands that I haven't hung out with after the show. I'm not sure why since they seemed like a cool group of dudes - I was exhausted from a long week though. 













In my mind, there's something fascinating about musicians. I love hanging out with the band after their show, not in a groupie sense whatsoever, but just hanging out and talking and learning and laughing with them. I find they always have such interesting stories to tell - such interesting pasts that have gotten them to the point that they're at right now. The saying is true - opposites do attract. I think I'm drawn to people who can front a band or play a musical instrument or has tattoos all over their body because they represent everything that I'm not and everything that I will never be. I wish I could sing. Play the guitar. Rock out on stage, and if it was socially acceptable to get tattoos and still have any career I want, my arm would be covered in a sleeve tattoo in a second. I find musicians inspiring. I love being inspired.

A few of my friends have a "formspring" page. Basically it's a page where people can go and ask people any questions you've ever wanted to know, anonymously. I like listening to people, and I loove talking, but I'm not much for talking about myself unless I'm blogging or I'm specifically asked something. So, go ask me stuff. It's super easy. It's anonymous. No 'R' rated questions, please. We'll see how this goes or if I keep it or not, obviously I won't answer any inappropriate questions but other then that it's free game. What have you got to lose! Go go go!

http://www.formspring.me/devanrylee

It always blows my mind how a simple picture with a few words stuck on it can summerize exactly how I feel and be completely inspiring at the exact same time. Yeah, I certainly love being inspired.

P.S You know that 'diet' I was trying out? Yeah, not going too well. I'm currently sitting here eating nachos and salsa. In about two minutes I'll be licking the salt from the nacho's off my fingers.

1 comment:

  1. Diet's are over-rated. And I want you to get some tattoos stat!

    ReplyDelete